Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Barreiro - Week 14

Well this week was different!

My greenie went home because of health reasons. It was sad.... so I stayed in a tripla with the sister training leaders that live with us. We had a good time and it was fun to be in a tripla for a little bit. We did some crazy contacting. Basically, Sister Ventura and Sister McChesney are hilarious! Sister Ventura is from Utah and Sister McChesney from Georgia. We all love tacos... and so I make the tacos that Sister Fuertes taught me how to make.

We worked in both of our areas for Saturday and Sunday which was a lot of fun. Turns out I know how to get around their area pretty well too since I have been here for a while now haha. We were contacting on the street and I saw this man that was going inside the apartment building and I walked a little faster to contact him and he saw me and walked a little faster to enter. He beat me too it, so the door was already shut, but we still tried to contact him and we couldn't stop laughing because we were just trying to talk to this man through the window.

President called us and told me that I would be getting a new companion, Sister Mendes. We were in the same house for the last 2 transfers and it was so fun!! The Elders brought her to Barreiro this morning, so now she's here and we are rocking Baixa!

Our zone is doing a very cool thing that the zone leaders came up with. They sent us an invite email to become "Dragon Warriors". It´s based off of Kung Fu Panda, and each companionship has a character from the movie and the training we have to do. The want us to do a study of our area and pick 15 streets each person. The streets that match up from our dupla we go to and contact every single person and knock every single door. It´s different and we are having a lot of fun with it.

Also our Mission President is having us do a study about chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel. We are noticing a lot of changes already in our work. The whole study is about knowing and recognizing the Holy Spirit. I definitely have learned that the companionship of the Holy Spirit is something we should want more than anything else in our lives. It´s a special gift, and when we teach with the spirit, we have the power and authority to do miracles.

I'm so grateful that Portugal is getting a temple. It will bless the lives of so many people here. On Sunday in Relief Society we had a lesson on the blessings of the temple and it was a big excitement about the temple from all the sisters. They have been waiting a long time! Im grateful for temples and that we can make promises with our Heavenly Father.

Com Tanto Amor,
Sister Jarnagin
P.S. Shout out to my girl Brittany Wilde for getting her mission call to California, and also to my home girl Hannah Jarnagin for submitting her mission papers! So many blessings!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment