Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, October 19, 2015

Barreiro - Week 13

Ola e boa tarde gente!

So... its my birthday. And its been pretty great. Just want to send a shout out to my fam for making wonderful birthday videos for me, my grandma for sending me oatmeal and chilli (I love american things), to the Barreiro Elders for calling and singing happy birthday, to the Sisters for making me mickey mouse pancakes and for showing me prince of egypt. So far it's been a pretty great birthday! One of the members in our branch is having us over for dinner tonight so I am excited for that.

It is interesting to be training. I forgot how much we really don't know when we first come in. My "daughter" is Sister Sagers from Utah. She loves Doctor Who and is currently writing her own book. She also loves to draw. Man she has got some serious talent. She told me alot about Doctor Who and now... I want to watch it.

It was sad to see all the Sisters from our
house leave. It's different, but it's still a lot of fun. Sister Ventura and Sister McChesney are the Sister training leaders that live with us now. They are pretty dang cool!  Sister Sagers is already progressing a lot with the language. She was waiting for her visa in California like I did in Arizona, so it's good to share visa-waiter struggles ;). She is awesome! And all the members already love her.

We have been missionary and contact crazy talking to everyone and have found a couple families that we are hoping to teach. The work is going good!

President Tavares is having the mission do a study right now on chapter 4 of preach my gosple about the influence of the spirit in our work. I'm learning so much already. Our district leader calls every night to ask us kind of quiz questions on what we are reading. Life is good. Barreiro is still the bomb.com. :) I love it here!

Com muito amor,
Sister Jarnagin

p.s. They are doing the ground breaking for the temple here in December :) "Nothing can stop the work from progressing!" :) So so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment