Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Miratejo - Week 3

Already half way through the transfer... what? Besides the fact that is like 100 degrees here everyday, and I'm pretty sure I will have skin cancer no matter how much sunscreen I lather on, everything is going really good! Especially with our investigator Otilinda. She has her baptismal date set for the 12 of July which is in 2 weeks! She is super excited and so are all of the members. We are just waiting until she can move into her own house and out of her ex-boyfriends house. She has a house but bought it at the pit so she could re-model it. The ward is being so helpful and working together to get her house fixed up.

The members here are all so sweet and we have been focusing on having more of our lessons with investigators with the members of the ward, and they are loving it!

Nothing new is really happening other than that... just the missionary life of talking to lots of people :) It is a good life!

I love the Joseph Smith movie and what he says at the very end, "Shall we not go on in such great a cause!" My testimony continues to be strengthened every day and every time I testify of the Lord, Jesus Christ. There can be no selfishness to the work of the Lord.

We met this week with a recent convert, and he bore his testimony to us about Christ. He has gone through a lot just to be a member of the Church, and has seen the blessings of repentance. He knows his Savior. That is one of the greatest blessings to witness.

I was reading the conference talk of Elder Renlund in my personal studies, and I love his quote, "If we don´t try, we´re just latter day sinners; if we don´t perserver, we´re just latter day quitters: and if we don't allow others to try, we´re just latter day hypocrites." This gospel is truly an unselfish gospel. And when we let it into our lives, it definitely can truly change us!

Com amor,
Sister Jarnagin
p.s. sorry there aren't pictures... I forgot my card :(

No comments:

Post a Comment