Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Setubal - Week 1

Yay! new new new

Well everything is NEW here. Area, companion and ward, but they are all wonderful. I'm serving with Sister Olson from Montana and she is great.  She is super cute and we are having fun getting to know our area. Our new area reminds me alot of barreiro when I was in the vale... ghetto ha ha. It mostly is just apartments. We found a lot of less actives this week which was good. The area isn't too big here. The ward is super wonderful too with about 140 members, and we have the GREATEST ward mission leader ever... too bad he will probably get released because he got a calling in the stake young mens. He is very patient with all of our questions about the area and members. 

 There are alot of Gypsys here in this area. Sister Swain started her mission here, Sister Ventura did the first half of Sister Olson´s training, and I am doing the second half. It's weird living with 4 sisters again... I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to take more than a 5 min shower and to make just 2 portions of lunch instead of 4. Well I'm learning for the future I guess :) Things are good. We don't have a lot of investigators right now because the sisters before were working in both areas and didn't work a whole lot here so we have A LOT of work to do which I am excited about :) Just this week we found so many less-active members. I think that's about it... there was a drunk gypsy that was bawling to us about how he came home and his chiwawah was dead.... so we talked about the plan of salvation in the simplest way possible so that a drunk man could understand... And then he sang us a gypsy song about the bible.

It´s alot warmer here than in Amadora. We´ve only had crazy rain once this week with hail. I'm doing good overall :)

Com muito amor,
Sister Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment