Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, November 23, 2015

Barreiro - Week 18

So it´s a short one... but this week was good. This week the Elders baptized Vadinho, who Sister Swain and I taught when we were in the Vale de Amoreira before our switch with the Elders. Vadinho was happy and I'm so glad I was able to see his baptism. He had been investigating the church for 2 years. Some of the missionaries that had taught him recently were able to come. I love being able to see the people that I have come to love get dressed in white and enter the font. It is a blessing to be able to see people start clean!! Especially when they have truly come to know the church is true!!!

This week was also sister Mendes' last week with me. We got our transfer calls and she is staying 2 weeks in Lisbon before she goes home. We dropped her off at the boat station this morning and it was so sad to see her go!! She is one of the very best friends I have made on my mission and we always had a lot of fun together in the street and teaching.

So with transfers, im STAYING. So that will make 6 months in this area when this transfer finishes, and 7 1/2 months in this zone. So I'll be leaving at the end of this transfer for sure. I have only ever stayed in an area for 2 transfers so this is different, but I love this branch and this area. It makes it so much easier because I know all the members so well. My new companion is Sister Stegman. She hasn't gotten here yet. She is in her 3rd transfer so I am greenie breaking her. I hear she is a lot of fun too! She will get here later today with the Elders that are coming from Lisbon while I stay with the Sisters here that I live with.

Meanwhile, our house is getting ready for the Christmas season. I don't think Portugal does Thanksgiving, but I'm thankful that I am on a mission and I am thankful for all these wonderful people here too! Sometimes it is hard to be thankful for the hard things, or the people who are rude, but I'm thankful for this chance to be a missionary and share the light of the gosple with others! Shout out to my wonderful family!!! I am so grateful for all of their support and love! I am especially grateful for my grandma Christensen and her wonderful letters to me! :) We set up our little paper christmas tree that we found in our house and boughts some lights and lit the candle my mom sent me. We are excited to be able to share "He is the Gift" with the people of Portugal. I think those are my favorite cards to hand out. The people are happier during this time of year and they are happy to take the cards. We have some special activities planned to contact and get to know our members and less active members which I am excited for!!! :) It will be a season of joy and sharing the message of the birth of Christ!!!

I think that is all!!
Com Amor!!
Sister Jarnagin

1. our district last transfer.
2. Vadinhos baptism and the missionaries who taught them.
3. My little friend from our branch
4. another one :)
5. Our goodbyes this morning :( It was SO SO cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment