Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, August 17, 2015

Barreiro - Week 4

BAPTISM!!!!!
Elaine was baptized this saturday and confirmed on Sunday. She was so excited. Elaine, Us, the elders, Her cousins,  and a member all sang "A Child´s Prayer" for the baptism. Everything just turned out so well. As she was walking out of the font, she turns around to look for her mom and she had the biggest smile on her face! It made me so happy to see the happiness of someone who had just made a promise with so many promised blessings with our Heavenly Father!

The day after the baptism we visited her family and we heard some exciting plans from her mom. She wants to be leagally married, baptized with her husband, and then married in the temple. We are so excited, and the Lord´s hand is obvious in the life of his Children.

Now for our other investigator, Consesçao. She is 92 and she is adorable!!! She reminds me of my great grandma.... so sweet and very sassy! She has a lot of dolls. And when I say a lot... I mean they are EVERYWHERE. She loves to show us all of them and she makes little dresses for them. She came to church this Sunday all dressed up in her blue fancy satin top... haha she is the best!!  She has her baptism marked for this Sunday, but the elders have an investigator that is older also, and they recently have become very good friends, so they want to have their baptisms together in 2 weeks.

I also heard that Thelma, her family, and Celeste, that we were teaching in Maratejo, were baptized this past weekend. I just am so full of gratitude to be able to wittness so many miracles and feel of the great love that God has for every one of his children. And I am so grateful for my wonderful ginger comp who puts up with me!
Love Sister Jarnagin

Pictures:
Elaine's baptism
creepy cats with 2 colors of eyes.
selfies in the road
our area is africa
Cool doors in Portugal!
Our wonderful Conseçaõ
the view from Conseçaõ´s house.

No comments:

Post a Comment