Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, August 3, 2015

Barreiro - Week 1

Yay!  Well... I have learned some things this week. That Africans make really good corn and sell it on the street, the members of the church in Portugal think that we are All musically talented, vinegar gets rid of acne and mold, and Sister Swain snd I are basically twins!

The new area I am in is really small. I have almost memorized everything so it's a blessing that way. There are so many elect people here! There are also so many different cultures! So many people from Africa! It is amazing! Our investigators try teaching us dances from Africa and I actually feel that I could be African sometimes haha. We even know a few African phrases. There are these ladies that sell corn on the side of the road and homemade popsicle things. It is great :) 

We serve in a branch, but it has a lot of members. A lot more from the 20 that Vila Real had. I lead the music for sacremement meeting. We also have Elders in our Branch and that is a fun change. Also, living with 5 crazy Portuges speaking missionaries in one house is a fun change too! The Sisters are always playing jokes locking each other in the bathroom.

We have some amazing investigators already! A family is waiting on their residence papers so they can be baptized!!!!  I am just loving it so far! I havent been run over yet by the crazy drivers, or melted in the sun, so I think I'm doing pretty good! Now to get a sun hat and to learn more African phrases!
I love you all :)
Love, sister Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment