Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week #4 !

We have done so much this week and time has flown!

The Provo temple finally opened so we were able to go on our last p-day! Ahhhh I loved it! It's so beautiful and I felt so at home!
Bonnie L. Oscarson came and spoke at our devotional.  She talked all about missionary work and how important it is. She had us watch "The Current Bush".  It's a Mormon message and it has such a good message.  The gardener has a little current bush but it had grown so big and wasn't producing any currents. The gardener trimmed and pruned the current bush down to almost the stump. The current bush said "Why would you do this to me! I was making such great progress and I was growing so big!" The gardener said, "I don't want you to be a shade tree, I want you to be a current bush." The current bush grew and produced tons of currents. One of the lines from the video I liked best was, "Thank you for loving me enough to cut me down." We often don't realize how much we grow from a trial. But looking back we realize the progress we made and say to our maker "Thank you for loving me enough to cut me down."

We got to be Hosts for all the new sisters that came in on Wednesday! I helped 4 girls and we took them to their classrooms, residence hall, and to get their books. The saddest part was having to pull them away from their families at the curb, but I remember how nice my host was when I came in and how much better she made me feel. 
After we hosted, I had to get my ingrown toenail taken out. All of my roomates talked me into doing it because I really did not want to. We got to leave the MTC and go to the podiatrist and he was sooo nice! He said he couldn't believe I had waited to get it taken out because it was so big! It was about half the size of my pinky fingernail and as tall as my big thumb nail. My toe is doing so much better and now it doesn't hurt. I am so happy I got it taken care of!
 The MTC presidency is getting released today so the wives gave the lessons in relief society on Wednesday. It was really weird because they talked about marriage, and all the new sisters were crying because they had all just left their boy friends at home a couple days before. It was weird because we are all on a mission and marriage is not the first thing on our mind right now haha, but it was still good. 

We are still teaching Paulo. We found out that his addiction to smoking is taking him away from his family and it is making his family and him sad. So we are going to help him stop! We have grown close to him and it's always enjoyable teaching him. We also started teaching Samuel. He is an inactive member and he doesn't see God's hand in his life. We had our first lesson this week with him and are excited to get to know him.

EXCITING NEWS!! The Portugal, Lisbon mission is being split into the Porto, Portugal mission and the Lisbon, Portugal mission effective July 1st. They have already called new mission presidents for both missions and which ever mission we are currently serving in at the time of the split, that is the mission we will be in. We are all excited! We only have 2 and a half more weeks in the MTC! WHAT?!

My sweet mom sent me some new shoes this week, and some of the elders wanted to try them on because they were so "cute" so that's what some of the pictures are. 
Thank you for all writing me and sending letters! I love you all!
Love, 
Sister Jarnagin 








No comments:

Post a Comment