Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, May 25, 2015

Vila Real - week 10

Week 10 already? I swear the time goes faster every day...

This week we had 6 of our investigators in church! Blessings blessings blessings here in Vila Real! We were able to teach the Ukraine family, Helena and George, after church, but they speak very little português so we are going to have to use the church websites for some translation. It is a tough situation, but they are seriously golden! They even bring their nieces and they said they wanted to be baptized too! Ahhh they are wonderful people!

We have been helping our investigator David stop smoking. It has been a challenge, but one of our members who used to smoke taught with us and it was seriously amazing!! He testified and encouraged! Members have a sacred power that is part of missionary work! We as missionarys can not do anything without their commitment and help! When we take the members out with us I see how much they really do love their religion. They are so willing to talk to everyone!

We had divisions with the sister training leaders and I got to exchange with Sister Wood. American! Twas a wonderful day! I see how important the leadership in missions are. We all strive to be our best and serve the Lord with "all our heart, might, mind, and strength" and sometimes our strength is definately gone at the end of the day and we sleep like babies. Sometimes we lose our minds a little too haha, but sister Jumua and her jokes make up for our loss :)

I think I'm the happiest when we talk to everyone and just be ourselves. I have definately learned it is a lot harder to try and speak the language if I consentrate on the words. It´s a good thing to have personality as a missionary and let that help you in the work.

I had my first conference call this week too. Basically it´s just a big zone meeting over our phones. Kind of cool.

Sister Jumua and I found this guy, Nobriga from our area book and he is the sassiest old man I have ever met! haha He kind of reminds me of the old man from the movie "Up".

We also held our first Noite de Familiar this week! The members and our investigators came and it was so good! David had such a good time when we played games. The members have no shame and embarassment for games haha, and that was truly seen when our Branch President, who is over 6 FT tall, layed down on the church floor and pretended to be a fish. Oh it was wonderful :)

Well I think that is all for this week!
Tudo bem e vocês tem um bom dia :)
Com amor,
Sister Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment