Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Friday, April 24, 2015

Vila Real - week 5

These last 2 weeks so much has been going on!

A miracle we saw was when we did a fast for our zone and we met a man named Jesus on the Street. We set up an appointment to meet with him later that week and he kept it! We taught about the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. We called him later in the week to follow up and he told us that he had been reading the Book of Mormon and felt so "Free" when he read it, so he shared it with his friend. She loved it so he gave her the book. It was amazing to see how he shared it with his friend even though he didn´t know much himself. And it was totally amazing that his name was Jesus :)

It has been raining a lot this week which gave us an opportunity to take the bus. We were waiting for the bus and we started talking to this nice older gentleman. We told him about our church and gave him a card with Christ on It. His face lit up when he saw the picture of Christ.

We went to visit our Investigator Maria, and she and her sister are trying to plan my wedding with Maria´s son, Miguel. They want me to stay in Portugal and marry him and then go to the United States to visit and send them lotions and perfumes haha. They are crazy!

All the college kids have capes for their college with patches on them. Sometimes I feel like I am in Harry Potter walking around the tiny streets with teenagers in capes. It is awesome!

I am so excited to see that so many of my friends back home are going on missions! I love the joy that comes from telling people about Christ! :)

I love the people here. They are so humble. They don´t have very much, but yet they are willing to give so much! And sometimes we as people have so much and are willing to give so little. But most importantly, I like to ask myself, what more can I give to the Lord? Can I give him more of my love, more service, dilligence, kindness, or obedience? There is always more that we can do to be better disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ and continually use his atonement.

"Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever." I have continually seen the humble portuguese people give all they have. There food, their time, their small income just to come to church. And yet they give no excuses. They love their God and they know what it means to put him first. They do not even have a temple, and they save their money, sometimes for a long period of time, just to be able to visit the temple in Spain. I am so grateful for their humble example. And I am grateful to be surrounded by people who love Christ and are continually happy! I know that happiness in life comes from truly living the gospel and loving it!

Tem uma boa semana amigos :) Eu amo vocês!
Com Amor, Sister Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment