Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week (not quite) #7

So I know that it has only been 4 days since my last p-day, but p-day falls on a Saturday because of something new that has happened in my life!
  We were walking out the door to head to lunch and we see the other district that is in our zone, and they all have this "my dog just died" face. And then we see the colored papers that are in their hands which at the MTC colored papers mean re-assignments. All of the Elders that are going to Portugal had been re-assigned due to no visas. We all ran to our mailbox to see if we had also received our re-assignments and there was nothing. Our District leader went after lunch to see if they had got there yet and they had so he brought them to us and we were of course all freaking out a little bit. Nobody was expecting to get re-assigned so we were anxious to see where we were headed. I have been re-assigned to... TUCSON, ARIZONA!  Sister Hillam and I were the only companionship who were assigned to the same place so we were pretty excited.
 
 Sister Savage is headed to California and Sister Cahill is headed to Louisiana. None of the people who were headed to Portugal had gotten their visas (which was 28 of us) so we were all staying in the states. 
 
The next day, some of the Elders went to the travel office to check if the visas had been approved. Come to find out that all of the visas had been approved but 5 which they were still waiting on. And guess what... I was one of the 5 who didn't get their visas. So I head out bright and early Monday morning for Tucson. I am the only one going that i know of. It was really hard at first to realize that I had been at the MTC for 7 weeks trying to learn Portuguese, and now realizing that I would teach in English in the states. I finally got excited to be able to serve in English in the states and later in Portuguese in Portugal.
 
I never thought I would be so close to so many people in just 6 weeks! I love my district,zone, companion and teachers. Sister Hillam has been a blessing in my life as well as my district. They are all so wonderful and I can't wait to serve with some of them in Portugal.  
 Today was the last day with Irmao Staples as our teacher. He was an amazing teacher and example for all of us and he gave me confidence when i was down about learning the Language. He talked to us about our MTC experience as a whole and said "Where ever you teach, the language of the spirit is still the same." I am excited to go to Portugal, but  am also excited to be able to serve the Lord and the people of Tucson. 
I have learned so much here at the MTC and I know that the Lord has helped me grow. I know that Christ lives and that he loves each of us so much and wants us to be happy. I know that the spirit can always be present in our lives if we are striving to live our lives worthily. I know that through prayer we can always always talk to our Heavenly Father and that he will always answer. I know that the gift of tongues is real and I know that by relying on the spirit I can be guided. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of god and that He endured because he knew this gospel was true. I know this gospel is true and I know that we are lucky to have prophets and revelation from God. I know this Gospel is true with all of my Heart! 
 
Eu amo voces!!!! 
 Love, Sister Jarnagin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment